Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Look of Interest

Boy (man) spots girl from across room or area. Girl (woman) spots boy across room or area.....eyes meet, a smile....the look.....the feeling you feel inside. The rush of excitement. Is he interested she wonders? Is she interested he wonders? Will I make a fool of myself showing interest they both ask themselves?

I sat tonight and was reflecting about this as I watched this take place......with me you ask? No not tonight, but I watched it with my daughter. Interestingly enough I sat back and pondered the fact that my daughter actually is interested in someone I would be happy to see something come about......... MUCH LATER in life :P

I dont know which is stranger watching your daughter go through this or going through this again myself in life. But I know this much it all puts a big smile on my face.....:) I suppose really, it is.....all good, strange or not.

Tonight I took the girls to the Truax theater to watch the performance of "Honk". The school they attend has a musical theater group and tonight was opening night. I was honestly VERY impressed with a lot of the talent. I wasn't alone. I ran into a dear friend who has helped direct the musical aspect of a lot of local theater groups. She also commented about the talent that the show had. It was a cute, very cute show...... and yes I watched as the boy my daughter shows interest in look out over the crowd to find my daughter.....strange.....very very strange.

My son made a smart choice, he elected to stay home and go to bed early......3:30 will come about way to early tomorrow morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home