Tuesday, March 28, 2006

This weeks challenge

Warning: Rambling Thoughts ahead

Where yesterday went Im not quite sure, but it flew by and I hardly remember what I did or where I was yesterday...probably because I was in and out of the house at least 6 if not more times. This weeks challenge is to get the house, bills, life, kids, calendar under control. With classes starting next week and really not wanting to feel snowed over, and still have a life in the midst of all this going on I am charging into this week with a vision of getting on top of a lot of loose ends. Yesterday, after some encouragement over the weekend, I got the tax program loaded up, entered in all the easy stuff and this morning I found the contribution receipts I couldn't find last night and finished off my taxes. Printed and sitting here waiting to be mailed. I need to confirm one last number with my ex and then Im good to mail them off...electronically or via mail.


Id been really thinking and praying about what to do about SWC in May. I realy wanted to take the kids to this, but the cost was a concern. We couldn't all decide on which day to attend, that meant the entire event...that would be very costly. But you could say I got the answer I needed after have a scatterbrained conversastion with Bill over next months and even Mays calendar. The next two months will be wilder then usual with when he has the kids (Im not complaining he will actually be having them 4 weekends in a row starting this weekend,--although 2 are only 1 nighters). That will make up for the fact he has only seen them 1 weekend this month and he wont see them after the 4th weekend for close to 4 weeks after. So with that in mind it didn't seem fair to take a weekend away from him in May to see SWC, I looked at it as an answer to my prayers. So with that in place I found a great alternative to the concert. Stomp is coming to town in April, Ive been wanting to see this and I think I can consider it a Broadway production....for my 101 list. Im attempting to win in an auction 2 of the tickets, then Ill only have to buy 3 more....that will end up costing less then half of what attending SWC would have cost. Sweet! :)

I got to spend some time one on one with my son yesterday too. That was great, we had to get some stuff for his upcoming trip so we got to talk quite a bit about it and other things. That made knowing he is leaving for 9 days much easier I think.....yes I plan to be a a little bit of an emotional mess come the end of next week :P

Ashley's home with me today...sick....Im taking Airborne to avoid this cold! But with her home Ive been able to spend some one on one time with her in the midst of all else Im doing....so Im feeling on top of things with my teenagers :)

So to recap...............Get on top of things is my goal for the week :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home