Monday, July 10, 2006

Welcome Back to Weirdness!

Today after my trip home I had to hit the market considering we had NOTHING to eat in the house. I know for those of you who know me you probably find that hard to believe, but really no milk, oj,eggs etc. So off I went. Its hard when you have been out of the busy California lifestyle to reenter it. I sat in line and finally got up to the register. The man behind the counter knew me and started talking to me, I was a little spaced out from driving so he asked me why I was out of sorts. Of course I responded I had been in Arizona for a while and just got home and had to get something to eat. As we were chatting breifly a minister came up behind me. He started talking to the clerk about needing a money order or something. I wasn't really paying attention to the conversation UNTIL all of a sudden he looks over to me and says......"This woman needs a husband" OK SERIOUSLY .......DO I HAVE THAT IMPRINTED ON MY HEAD OR WHAT! California weirdness alright. He then looks over to the clerk and says, she would be good for you, you two should talk. Ok now Im laughing I almost want to shout.... HELLO! Im in VONS getting groceries Im trying to hold back my fluster of emotions from this trip and this is what I walk into! Ooooof! or is that Arrrrrrgh! The minister walks away and says ok Ill leave you two alone now. I chuckle to keep things from being awkward with the clerk and he continues to finish ringing me up. Outside the minister happened to drive by me and apologized for embarrasing me if he had. I told him to think nothing of it.........BUT HONESTLY do I look that DESPERATE?

The clerks final comment to me after we laughed about the walk in match maker....... "Welcome back to California Weirdness"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home