Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Take me away to a Vineyard!

I watched a movie that I wasn't thinking would be what it turned out to be this afternoon. What is it about watching a movie that takes place in a small chateau in Paris that can quickly take away all the pains of the day?

Today it all hit me, the conclusion of the most hectic season of this school year to date, another trip to the airport to say 'good' bye to Dennis, the letters and then the long conversation on the phone with my ex, it all hit me today. I came home from work and felt it almost as soon as I thanked my mother for stopping by to watch the kids and bring them lunch. There are times like this I need to just curl up and watch a good movie, and I gave myself that treat today.

I stuck in the DVD player " A Good Year" with Russell Crowe and I was swept away to the countryside of France and for a few sweet minutes I left the pain and slipped away. I think that is what I like so much about 'chick' flicks and the like, the ability to just disppear and feel comforted. The movie was sweet and I especially enjoyed the Henry's take on life "there's nowhere else in the world where one can keep busy doing so little, yet enjoy it so much!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home