Monday, April 03, 2006

Excited, Intimidated, and Challenged!

Thats how I am feeling today! Today is my first look into the online class that I am taking through IWA. Its better then I had hoped, and the projects more complicated then I thought. In other words, I can't just skate by........Thats GOOD, Im too good at figuring out shortcuts when given the right opportunity. This will be a great class and keep me accountable to learning more and more.....in other words, my words here maybe grow fewer and fewer for some time. One thing I really appreciate is that they give you the option to learn what is needed to pass the course and additional places to visit to become much more educated in what they are trying to dive home in the lecture. For instance, in talking about web design and where it has come from, they also present you with half a dozen links to visit to really gain a completely understanding of where web design first started and where it is today.

Words from my first lecture:

We Are All Creative Beings

When you think about it, design may sound complicated at first, but when you strip down the expectations the word carries, it can really open up a new world of possibilities. This can be especially liberating for those of us who may have doubts or insecurities about becoming designers (in other words, for those of us who see ourselves as non-creative beings). It simply isn't so. We are all creative beings. If you don't know that you are, now is the perfect opportunity to find it within you. If you've lost touch with it, this class will hopefully help you find it again.

Change your thoughts and you change your world.
- Norman Vincent Peale

So this week not only do I have intensive reading to complete I have 3 lab assignments, 2 rather simple and the 3rd the beginning design of my first web site...no not a blog site, but an actual web site.....Cool! Scary! OMG what did I get myself into!

Currently listening to: Third Day:Wherever You Are (Eagles)



btw for you trivia buffs......whats the year of creation for the beginning of Web development? Not sure ???? Read this site

On a completely unrelated topic: I get a text message from Andrew today......Hi mom I was lost, lol but Im ok now. OMG does he not know what this is doing to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home