Friday, July 14, 2006

"Stick a fork in it!"

Its funny how certain comments stand out for years to come after they are made. I think its all the more reason we have to choose our words carefully when we offer advice and encouragement to one another. Sometimes though, just a small comment can make huge differences to the hearts of those you care about. Over the past few years a few people have come into my life that made huge impacts in my recovery of my 'self' worth. Comments like "Sometimes you just need to stick a fork in it", "he didn't ruin you", and more recently, "Jenice, you just are running full speed ahead instead of walking".

The later of the three comments that come quickly to my mind is one that was just made to me. Dennis is right. I am or I do have a tendency to get excited and run full speed ahead and not stop to think about the things or how it might effect all things concerned. A few months ago when I got excited and filled my plate up with way too many classes is one perfect example of this. More recently I am heading into this same old pattern again. Working at the church 2 days a week, participating in a fellowship group, taking leadership courses and now I think I can add in a job. I want to sell things on ebay, I want to paint rooms of the house, I want to do tooooo much. Thats a big reason why participating in the 101 project was so appealing to me.....I like to accomplish things. The worst part is this is summer, and my head is spinning. Wait till school starts up again later next month and Im driving in two different directions.

I know the Lord has stirred things up in my heart for a reason. Im passionate about serving and helping. I know that has been something missing or a huge part of whats been missing inside of me since I had to stop being active in ministry about 3 years ago. A sabbaticle was necessary. Necessary for so many reasons. But today I feel like I can take on so much more again. The thing is Im floundering at times trying to prioritize.

Maybe this is the next piece of the puzzle the Lord wants me to work on. I know towards the end of my marriage I had taken on so many aspects of ministry and trying to be the best at all of that plus the best mother, best wife, most of it I did'nt suceed at. Sure some of it was to fill an emptiness that I have learned that no man can ever completely fill, only the Lord can, but I know there is more to this. Maybe, just maybe the Lord wants me to look at myself now closer and get this part of the puzzle worked out for my future ahead.

Sometimes, oh heck....most of the time, a hug just about now would be the greatest source of comfort. Funny thing is while I was driving eariler today I almost felt hugged....oh wait maybe that was me driving a bit too fast again :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home