Thursday, March 29, 2007

Blue Tape


I've had so much going on, and most of it has had me running around like a chicken with her head cut off I had to stop to reflect on the silliness of this. I should have pulled out a real camera but I think I was still kinda ruffled all I got was a cell phone shot of it.

Yesterday I had a company come out to replace the windshield of my convertible. Someone driving on the 78 kicked up a rock and sure enough a nice sized crack across the drivers side of the windshield was the end result. Neat huh. So I finally got past the King and I performance, I pulled together my son's 15'th birthday party, dealt exhaustively with my ex, and even today I finally got my 13 year old off on her trip to DC, New York, etc.Yesterday before getting her off at 4:o0 am to the airport I had scheduled an appointment with one of those companies who come to you to do the work. Pretty nifty I thought.

As per the usual appointments of today I was given the time slot of 1-5. Seems as if we are now living with a generation of people who can't actually schedule appointments they would have to keep, by sliding you into a time slot, ie 1-5, they are more likely to actually fill that request. Ok, ok enough of that tangent. Sometime around 2:30 they show up. I find out that in fact Im going to get an upgraded windshield, as if having to pay the $250 would make me feel better to hear that I get a tinted top half of the windshield, but ok, so they are here, problem is being fixed.

After they finish up I walk outside and see two large blue strips of painters tape holding the windshield to the car. Hmm. I can't resist, nor can I hold back. "So, umm, tape huh? That is going to do exactly what?" He looks at me and says promptly...."it will keep the glass from falling". Uh huh. Ludicrous! (no I don't say that) I look at the car again and say, ok but how am I going to close the convertible top, that I had been nice enough to lower down for them to remove the older glass easier with. Hmm he says, good question. "Ill fix that" so he moves the tape to the side of the window and says "ok, leave this on for 24 hours." Uh huh. Now am I just not seeing the reason for this or am I alone in thinking this guy is completely nuts! If indeed the windshield wasn't put in correctly do I or anyone else really think that two small pieces of painters tape is going to hold it in, while DRIVING????? Anyway, that has been my amusement for the day, as I drove around and thought I would share it with 'cyberspace'! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home