Saturday, October 20, 2007

Co-Ed

My eldest daughter Ashley will turn 14 in 15 minutes. My house is filled with youthful teenagers, both boys and girls. This was her choice, to have a Co-ed Birthday party. A rock n roll party filled with full fledged records, and video games.

With the amount of hours I have been putting in as of lately, almost full time plus all that I am doing I feel it in my bones this party. I was in tears over how I was literally aching last night. I am getting older along side my children. Scary thought.....even scarier when the parties turn from all girls to CO-ED. Even scarier when you hear the girls discussing party games and the dreaded "truth or dare" is being prepared.

So I sit here in my room cowering for a few minutes while the tunes from Guitar Hero run through my small home. Laughing and giggling and 3 more hours to go! You would think that as kids get older a party could be contained in a smaller amount of time. The younger the child the more help they need, but nope, the older they get the more time they want to just 'hang out'.

My baby is 14!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

You should sternly instruct her not to grow up, and send her to her room if she disobeys.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Peach said...

hee hee...........darn teenagers don't listen though....I might have better luck to tell her to grow up...;)

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home