Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Milestones

Last month was a huge milestone for me in many reasons, one was at work. Our company reached 1 million in Microsoft sales this month. Huge deal, the owner honored me and my boss for all of our efforts, it was a new thing for me. Claim Jumper was brought in to celebrate, gift cards handed out and consistent thank you's for all our hard work. It was work, I worked way too many hours last month.

Up until this year my accomplishments went unnoticed for the most part. Oh boy, I potty trained another child, yes Andrew learned to put away his toys! Ashley is reading! Things that mean more then I can explain to any mom when the moment hits, but no one acknowledges you accomplishments. At work its very different.

I know more about video games then I ever wanted. I can tell you that we sold over $1200 in Madden 2008 XB360 in two months. That we sold over 290K in sales in Halo 3 alone this month. I know when video game prices will drop before the public does and my son had the Halo 3 game beat a week before it hit the shelves. Yes I won the mom of the year award for that one, and no one believed he had the game at school. But I ask this....does any of thatl really matter?

I could tell you the top games in the industry and what the military would buy. I know the UPC codes for dozens of Xbox 360 games and the systems and for some reason this fact haunts my sleep. I know that this month Xbox is releasing a special deal on Xbox. That PS3 is may drop in price before Thanksgiving....but who really cares?

I also know that as a rule we spend way to much time wrapped up in playing video games, we allow our lives to slip away. Something I have been drilling into my children every day. Life is too short....don't let it waste away sucked to the screen of a tv or a computer. Enjoy life as it is, enjoy the people in your life, because before you know it they won't be around.

Think about how much of your life you have sat watching tv, playing video games or glued to your computer screen. Kinda scary isn't it! I think I would rather continue to avoid the television and computer after work. It means I spend more time with those I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home