Saturday, July 15, 2006

Senseless Sensibility

I should be sitting here working on the piece I want to resubmit to Comfort Cafe on Monday but its just now cooling off enough to think again. Todays been hot. No. Todays been REALLY hot. Yeah thats about right. So did I accomplish anything today? Good question.....thats where my cute phrase......senseless sensiblity comes to play. I like that term......no I know what you are thinking....I am NOT senseless. I just feel like I have momentary lapses of sensiblilty. Yes, I realize Im talking about absolutely NOTHING but well I suppose Im just in one of those kinda moods. Oh yes and I just watched Failure to Launch......cute movie :) but then again I do like Matthew McConahaughey.

So today....its hot and I decided in a momentary lapse of sensiblility it was time to replase that air conditioner I well dropped out of my bedroom window last winter. Arrrrgh.......that would have been a momentary LAPSE of sensibility. But then again that was last year. Have I mentioned its HOT here ....yes well it was nearing 100 degrees in my bedroom this afternoon so it was time to take measures to correct that. So I decided to buy a new air conditioner. Great! Thinking it through I decided a portable one would be the best senario. No need to drop it out of the window come winter when Im feezing my butt off again :) . So off to Fry's I went.

I think I have the word sucker written across my head, or was it available single Im not sure, anyway..............I ended up purchasing a new air conditioner. . . . With tax, 400 dollars or so. He convinced me that this was the model they had the least amount of returns on. However, no one mentioned to me that just because it was portable it wouldn't need to be connected to a window. So now, I have this great rolling air conditioner....that has a huge pipe that needs to be vented to a window. Hmmmm...........my sensibility has failed me. I do realize Im blonder this time of the year but still. Additonallly when you buy this sort of purchase you would think you would get connections and connectors that well are worthy of the price tag. I thought wrong. I get a foam piece with a hole in it and connectors that WILL not stay connected to the according style pipe. That was only the first hurdle.

The sales man did inform me to make sure I kept the air conditioner upright or I wouldn't be able to use it for 24 hours. Well great.....I brought with me the convertible. Ha....that wasn't the biggest obsticle, the top of the car came down and in went the unit. The problem..........getting it in the house, by myself. I well ............bows her head in a bit of embarrassment, forgot this small fact and well to get it up the stairs....I layed the unit down. So I sit here.....hot, miserable and contemplating my fit of senseless sensibility. But I do like that phrase :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home