Monday, April 09, 2007

The Pursuit of Happiness

"Maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue. And maybe we can actually never have it no matter what. " Chris Gardner


A couple of weeks ago I saw this movie for the first time. I cried, my children cried, and then I found myself for days after thinking about this movie. It isn't very often that that happens, but this movie made me think.

Chris Gardner is struggling. He can't pay his bills, he is struggling in his career, and to top it off his wife leaves him with his son. Chris finds a way to take care of all that has to be taken care of and continually shows his son to be the top priority of his life. Throughout the movie Chris played by Will Smith finds me sitting there thinking how in the world can this much happen to one human being? That is how life happens though. We find oursleves in one huge challenge after another. The movie is created off of the real life of Chris Gardner, and he has become a huge inspiration to me. In the movie he is talking to his sons and states this "
You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period."

I have a dream. One that haunts my thoughts, day in and day out. Im going to get that dream, Im going to pray and work towards that dream. I won't quit, Im going to pursue 'happiness' withall I have. What is your dream?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home