Monday, October 29, 2007

It's still smoky......... wanting to breathe again


Driving on the 10 home today the smoke was still lingering in the Palm Springs Valley. This was the first time driving home that I was actually hoping it would be windy in that Windmill zone of the valley....the valley that usually scares the pants off of me driving home. Guilt plays a bit with my conscious for escaping this weekend and having a wonderful time in the midst of knowing how many families have lost so much from the aftermath of last week.

I wanted to breathe....I wanted to just leave it all behind....and I did.

Bill had the kids for an extended weekend this weekend so I headed off and Dennis and I got to play outside. We took the jeep out, and while it was hardly the kind of 4 wheeling Hewanted to do in it, we got to let the air out, take the clips off the sway bar and head out and play. It was a lot of fun, but nothing compared to yesterday. See I like to play in the dirt and drive too....he knows that, thats why I got a quad just like his ;) . So yesterday we headed out with the quads after church and got 'lost' in the forest. Lost is a general term when you are out and about with a mountain man like Dennis. We headed out and found an old Uranium mine and on the way I got to watch him play lumberjack. Seems our Santa ana winds had fun in Arizona too. There were so many dropped trees in our paths we had fun winching and pulling the logs off the path.....not fun as in ha ha, fun as in WORK. Then after we headed out and found this little piece of heaven in the middle of nowhere....off he took me to go Horn hunting. A city girl like myself who was raised by a country man and mother this kind of thing doesn't scare me, but is new all the same. Now while He was the first to find the Horn he made sure I found it up on the side of the mountain before going after it. But me being the greedy girl I am, I wanted a set.....so much for being greedy. We headed off on a small hike to see what we could find up in the hills, I thought I was being smart and took a different path then he did....ducked under a tree and smacked my head good. Pain....pain pain pain.....and yep, lots of tears, he was by my side in seconds. I didn't really think I had hit it that hard until I moved my hand and blood started running down my face. So much for being the 'pretty girl' on the hill....I was a bloody mess! I think I fell in love all over again that afternoon. The way he cared for me and cleaned me all up, I think the pain was worth it just to learn more about the man I want in my life. And so here I sit, home again, just wanting to relive that afternoon over and over again....waiting and wanting and missing him like crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home