Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Turning point


Driving back from Arizona this weekend it hit me full force how much work I still had ahead of me. With a broken toe, 7 hour drive, a full car to unpack, 4 children to get ready for school the next day, and two with school work still to do, I couldn't expect much out of them. They were as tired as I.

You could say I lucked out and didn't hit much traffic on the way home, or you could say it was simply an answer to my earnest prayers, but the drive went rather well. Im always an emotional wreck when I come home from a trip, I have questions that I want answered, confused and filled with just about every emotion under the rainbow, we made it home. The kids were great, since I can only hobble around with my left toe broken, they unloaded everything....but then it just sat there. A lot of it is still just sitting there.

Years ago this would have stressed me out. Years ago I would have wanted the suitcases stored away, the laundry all caught up, things put back where they belong, but then years ago I wasn't working a almost full time job now, plus homeschooling, and all the duties of being a single parent.

The turning point for me is this. Will it matter if the suitcases get put away today, tomorrow, or a few days from now? Will it matter if I don't get all the laundry caught up? Of course not! But it will matter if I end up biting my kids head off in the process. It will matter if I walk around grumpy on top of emotional. It will matter if I simply end up being no fun to be around! That was the recognition I faced. Ugg, maybe I am growing up.......! Sad state of affairs! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home