Thursday, February 09, 2006

COLD!

Ok cold takes on a completely new form up here in these parts of the world. Last night Neek and I got to go and see Pride and Prejudice. I was pretty excited...I've been wanting to see this movie since it was released and being that we are up here were movies that are in video/dvd are still in some theaters we were able to find it playing at a nice theater still. At first we were the only 2 in the theater, I wonder if no one pays for a ticket if they run the movie anyway... hmm, two more individuals came in once the movie had started, but other then that the theater, Boise, most everywhere seemed empty. The movie was good, Neek was worried it wasn't really what I needed, but actually it was JUST what I needed. Keira Knightley played the role of Elizabeth Bennet wonderfully well, as for Mr. Darcy, well anyone other then Colin Firth....Im sorry it would be hard for them to measure up. Matthew MacFayden did an ok job, but he just wasn't Colin. I've read the book, Ive seen the 5+ hour movie countless times, its just impossible to do this movie in under 5 hours. So much was left out. So I tried to see it as a completely different movie instead of comparing the 2. The scenery was beautiful....I want to know where it was filmed, in fact one day I would love to see where it was filmed. But I suppose the thing that stood out was the heart of Lizzy. Keria is beautiful. Not just outwardly she is able to grab the heart of Lizzy and play it so well. So we leave the theater after midnight and its COLD not cold but COLD. Must have been in the mid 20's and thats just so cold it made my muscles and joints hurt....as Neek pointed out, this will probably be nothing compared to Coeur d'Alene... hmm maybe Ill be stopping to buy something to cocoon myself into..... Im such a baby I realize Ive spent too much of my life in warm weather Im not use to this kind of cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home