Monday, May 29, 2006

Dare to Dream

Todays writing:

What Hope Dares to look for

Friends can try so hard to be helpful and end up being hurtful in the process. From the beginning of my reintroduced singleness I had this passion within me. I was not meant to be alone facing the world. Not that loneliness scared me. Its not fun to be alone, but it doesn’t scare me. I do believe however, from my heart that I am a better person when two become one. I have had a few friends who have come along side me and listened to me state just that. That I believed with my heart and soul that God would provide the man for me to love me like I hadn’t been loved in the past. The comment that hit me hard was…”Jenice what if you are meant to be alone, what if God wants you to be single the rest of your life?” I can’t tell you what a hit to the gut that feels like. I think a very important lesson in my life that I have learned from these past years is to never take the dreams and hopes away from those you love.

“Love bares all things, hopes all things, believes all things, endures all things. (1 Corinthians 13:7)

We are told in scriptures to hope for the future. To believe in what isn’t apparent to us how or when it may take place. To dare to dream what your future could and will look like takes a vision of hope. Maybe it’s the same kind of hope that a 7 year old little girl has when she starts talking about her upcoming birthday (in August) yet it is only February. A childlike vision for what you ‘hope’ for should never be taken from someone. Our dreams and goals are taken from us daily just by the lives we live. My dream of growing old with the man I had children with will never come true. But I dare to dream for something even better then that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home