Thursday, May 25, 2006

Beautiful!

Today was/is BEAUTIFUL! Its a day that makes people say things like, "this is why we pay so much to live here!" And its true. Waking up to sunshine this time of year means one thing, its going to be an absolutely beautiful day. A day that you can't stop smiling for. Sunshine means smiles to me. It means you can be outside, enjoying God's beauty and living!

So with that on my mind I headed out to Lowe's. It was due time I went shopping for a few new yard tools. A few of the bigger headges needed some work. The gardeners I have do a great job keeping the yard looking cared for, but they don't go above the call of duty. Not that I blame them, coming here 2 times a month for the little money they charge, Im just glad to have them mow the 1/3 of an acre I sit on and keep the headges on the street kept to the 3 foot limit the city requires. But mid spring it was definately time to get some work done, and in this weather I couldn't wait to get out there and work in it. One thing I have to remember next time I head out to buy plants and tools....not to take the convertible ....Im sure I made several laugh at the woman trying to shove all that into her small car :P

I have learned not to go crazy though. Its hard once you get started, you start to see how much needs to get done. Too many times in the past I would have gone nuts and just filled all the trash cans. Today I filled 2. I cleaned off the bbq and tonight....Im grilling :)

Oh How I long for summer to get here! Only 5 school days left...and a Beach party for one of them :)

I wonder..........does it show my age at craving and desiring to have a hammock swinging outside???????? Is 37 old enough to want to have a hammock? I shudder at the thought of considering myself old :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home