Friday, May 12, 2006

The Blessing of Children!

Last night I was brought to tears after I had got home and tucked the kids in. I got to have dinner with a friend and conviently my kids had dinner with their father the same night so I didn't have to rush to prepare dinner before I could go out and enjoy dinner. It made the 'experience' of getting out or going out all the more better. So we enjoyed a yummy salad and talked for hours about the events in our lives, and later I felt refreshed. Something I dont get to experience all that often so it was pleasant.

When I walked into the front door Jessica felt the need to confess immediately that she had taken money out of her 'piggy' bank that sits on the dresser in my room. You have
to recall the events that took place months ago for complete understanding of how significant this was. The rest of the kids however were completely disappointed in her need to confess. Apparently they all took money out of their wallets and talked their father into taking them shopping for MothersDay. Awwwe I know.....:)! Anyway, it was one of those moments when you can't help but tear up because you see that all the work you have done actually impacted the life of a child (my child!). I am blessed each day by having children. I could sit and grumble about how difficult it is being a single mom and effectively the only real parent they have considering their father really isn't all that active in their lives. I choose to see it as a blessing. The influence they have is primarily from me, a woman who tries to live her life an example to her children. A woman who walks with the Lord, a woman who trusts in the Lord. That example wouldn't be as prominent if circumstances where different. I think most of life is how we choose to gaze at it. We can see it from the difficult angle or we can choose to look at it from the blessing that it is. I choose most days to see it as a blessing, but I'll admit I fall short more often then I probably care to admit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home