Sunday, July 16, 2006

Random Thoughts of Happiness.....in a mixed up mind

Tonights been a rather emotional one for me. My children came home emotional after being with their father again. Frustration and tears filled my head after hearing some of the things that took place there so in a great need to escape my mind and the things flying through it I took the girls out and walked on the beach till the sun set. We then headed over to Dairy Queen for ice cream. Ill add that it is a sad state of affairs that the soft served ice cream we grew up with as kids ....the special ones .....the ones dipped in chocolate just do not taste as sweet as I remember them as a child.

I thought in an attempt to focus on the happier moments or thoughts in my mind. Or more appropriately to bring them more to the forefront of my mixed up mind Id list out a few random things that make me happy.

  • Watching the sunset
  • Recognizing God's beauty around me
  • Watching waves crest on the shore
  • Surfers in the water (Ill admit watching them biff it is really what I enjoy :) )
  • Roses..........actually a single rose
  • Puppies and kittens
  • driving topless (the car) in the evening air
  • laughter
  • chick flicks
  • a great sermon
  • a great book
  • being loved, and loving someone
  • rainbows
  • laughing till I cry
  • Great conversation
  • being hugged
  • driving fast
  • playing tennis
  • learning something new and unexpected
  • completing a challenging task
  • writing
  • playing games with friends and family
  • photography
  • waterfalls
  • holding hands
  • dancing
  • helping someone
  • COFFEE!
  • laughing
  • Christmas
  • Music
  • dolphins
  • friendships
Final random thought.........Im thinking I need to add to my 101 list learn to surf, or attempt to surf. Ever since I was a child I remember my grandmother from Iowa asking me....Jenice when are you going to learn to surf. Sharks grandma, SHARKS! But this summer I keep watching the waves and thinking, I want to try it I want to try to surf!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home