Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The More you do right the more you do right

That was the piece of advice or one of the pieces of advice Coach Tom offered me yesterday during my one on one lesson with him. I had signed up for a private lesson to work on my backhand but that wasn't what we ended up working on. He started me off on my serves and we spent the next hour and 20 minutes working on it. It bugged me at first spending money on a lesson to work on a serve. I could work on my serve any ol time.....ha! Little did I know how SCREWED up my serve was. As he stated we cleared up some fundamental problems.........some of mine that is :)

He gave me the advice half way through the lesson that the more you do right the more you do right. This was after he had attached 5 pound weights to my wrists to make sure they would drop after the wind up. Its funny how so little weight makes a big difference. I thought after he removed them my arms would fly away......silly peach!

I've been thinking about that advice all day long and night. I think its true in so many areas of our lives. The more we try to do right or right to others, the easier it is to continue to do right. If we set our paths on the right path, the doors open without kicking them in. The windows don't need to be cracked, they open with ease. If we follow the path God has for us, life just goes a little bit smoother. Thanks coach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home