Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Perpetually LATE!

Have you ever had one of those days that it didn't matter what you did you were perpetually late? This seemed to be a never ending issue for me today no matter what I was trying to do or where I was trying to go. Up until a little bit ago when I finally said enough I sat down to talk to Dennis a bit. It started to hit me how long a day is when you begin it at 6:30 in the morning.

Today was the first day of high school for my son. Im just to stinking young to have a child in high school! This sentiment was stated to me by Gail as we sat in the parking lot waiting for the carpooling arrangment to come together at the girls school. Im grateful for the women who will be helping me in this venture, taking children to two schools in two different towns approximately 17 miles apart is a pain. One I hope will serve well, but right now its just giving me a never ending head ache trying to piece together all the things to make this work. I have to agree with Gail, I do think Im just too young to have a high school student as well, but be that as it may, I do, he is, and well Im tired!

When I find myself having a day like I did today, it makes me sit back and wonder why? Why was I perpetually late to just about everything I did or drove to today. The stop lights seriously were plotting against me! I mean it seemed to me that each time I approached a green light it turned purposefully to stop me. That kind of thing gets under my skin. What or why was I prevented from getting to where I needed to get on time? Was I suppose to learn something or pick up on something I didn't get outside of the frustration of sitting on the 78 freeway yet again?

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
- George Eliot (1819-1880) -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home