Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Not enough time in the day!

I'm just not the type of person who enjoys living the way I have been these past few weeks. My days are blurring into a blob of events and this causes me to move into a 'survival' mode of existing and not enjoying life each day. The only reason I have at the moment for sitting down and being able to write this is simply one, I'm waiting on the Chevrolet dealer's shuttle to come and pick me up to pick up the repaired suburban (completely under warranty! woo hoo!) and that after tennis the past two days and maybe from lifting weights (and having not been the the gym for 2 weeks before that) on Monday Im sooooo soooore! My right arm literally feels like it could fall off of the socket right now :) The coach really seemed to get a kick out of the fact he got us to really work out, I did too until I woke up this morning! If this is what it feels like to get older, I'm NOT going to enjoy this much!

Taking time out to smell the roses hasn't been an option for me as of lately. That isn't living. The alarm clock sounds off -- and now the puppy -- around 6:30 am and I am going full speed ahead until7 - 8 at night Ill be still going till almost 9 tonight since I don't pick up the girls from Awana's until 8:30. This is the hardship of being a single parent. The reality of the fact that my children do have another parent in their life helps, but then again it doesn't. He gets to 'baby-sit' the kids now and again. He hasn't been an active 'parent' now for at least 5 years. That leaves it all on my shoulders.

I don't really know what has changed. Thats the part of this puzzle that confuses me. Why is it I feel so overwhelmed? Thats a question I have been pondering in my quiet time each evening. Am I trying to do to much still Lord? There are a lot of question marks in my life right now. That much I know to be true. But there is still so much I want to do. A new friend wrote this past week and has encouraged me to 'carve' out time to write. I've been thinking about this non stop. Where do I find the time, how do I make the time to do something that I believe with my heart is so important for so many reasons to do. I want to keep working on this book. I want to make the time for it. How do I do that Lord? Show me where to find more time in the day.

Most homeschoolers will feel very overwhelmed the first month back to school. While Im homeschooling in a way still (half the time with the girls), I don't have the pressure of questioning myself as I use to about if I was doing enough, or too much? Lesson plans are now prepared by the kids teachers, I just make sure they are taught and finish their work. At the ages they are within a couple of months it will even flow smoother. Maybe thats my answer. I'm back to that same old issue I have always struggled with..........impatience! I want it all to be smooth now.

Why did I add another graphics class onto my busy, hectic week? GOOD QUESTION!

A Glimpse of yesterdays day........it maybe uninteresting to many but for me I may find it helpful just looking it over and or looking back on it later.

6:30 alarm went off Up, coffee, breakfast, round up the kids, lunches, etc
7:10 back up alarm, Dennis calls to make sure Im awake
7:30 out the door, all 4 kids loaded, yelled at, morning like usual :)
8:00 dropped all kids off (Andrew went with carpool to High School)
8:30 back at home, clean up the house (partially--read over email, get ready to go to church)
9:30- 10:00 Get to church and work till noon
Noonish -Leave church head home to let puppy out and look over the bills (like I have time to pay them!)
12:20 Deal with the Chevy dealer about Suburban
12:30 Talk with Dennis, get gas, head to market
Shop....what was I buying again?
1:30 home unload groceries, clean out refrig to make room, etc. let puppy out again, yell at her for chewing on my blanket
2:15 head to the school to pick up the girls
2:30 pick up girls and head home
2:50 home drop off girls and head to the High School
3:15 get to the High school wait on the 3 boys Im picking up, try to figure out how to get a full sized dolly into the convertible
3:40 Get to Drop off point in Vista drop off the two boys
3:50 get home drop off Andrew pick up Jessica and the Puppy
4:05 Get to the 4:00 appointment for Puppys well check
5:00 leave .......took WAY TOO LONG!
5:20 Home, get ready for Tennis
5:40 leave for Tennis
6:00 - 7:00 Play Tennis
7:20 Home, clean up dinner (kids made their own dinner.....thankfully!)
8:00 Collapse and cuddle the kids
8:15 prayers and tuck in the girls
8:30 collapse on bed and call Dennis

Thats it! :) You thought I was goofing and thought I sat on the couch all day eating bon bons and watching soaps didn't you! ;)

I thank the Lord for cell phones, because honestly without one I would never get any appointments made or friends talked with. I do most of that while sitting on the freeway in TRAFFIC!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home