Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Where did the time go?

Before having children I worked for a company called Computer Economics. Saturated in the midst of a computer newsletter company I learned a lot. The owner took a liking to me (in a healthy way) and sent me to a lot of classes on programming and how to work on computers. At the time I was his assitant, the office manager and the systems information manager for the company. I felt like I knew something about computers. Where did that time go?

My eldest daughter has been saving her pennies. She and I agreed she could have her own laptop. So she has been saving up for one. She brought home from her fathers a ton of electronic pet stuff (old samples) to sell on ebay so we have been doing just that to get the final amount she needs for her computer. Yester
day I spent the day diving into the web sites that offer comparisions and reviews on all the laptops out there. Of course we can't afford one much over the $900 range so that limits us, but at the same time I keep questioning myself. Processor chips have changed so much, and change almost daily. She likes to do some gaming as well as enjoys to do graphics like I do, so there has to be a decent level graphics card in the computer as well. One moment Im sold on a Dell the next on an HP. Im back to thinking the Dell Inspirion will be the right system for her. I want it to be an investment for her she will enjoy, one she might even be able to use for the next 4 years as she enters High School. She is in the middle of writing a novel and I want her to have the tools to do all that her young 13 year old mind gives her the courage to think she can do. What I would do in some ways to be that young again and to have the world lay ahead of me as she does.....where did the time go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home