Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Im completely insane!


Im having so much fun taking classes I have signed up for two more. Today I signed up for a Design Elements class and a Introduction to HTML class. I was looking online for information to jazz up Photoshop. I wanted to dive into some of the special effects and such, I have no patience in waiting for next months classes to start....so in doing that I found this new website International Webmasters Association. They offer tons of certificate classes....so I took the plunge and signed up for 2 more classes. Ill admit part of it is competitive in nature. My eldest daughter and I are competing in seeing who can learn more about web design and graphics within Photoshop....grr a 12 year old cannot.....willnot I refuse to allow her to be smarter then I in this area. So I signed up for two more classes ;)

So starting in April Ill have
Photoshop 2 (taking this at the local college)

Design Elements (online with IWA)

Fundamentals of Photography Made Easy (online with Betterphoto)


they will over lap into May which is when the other two classes begin
Intro into HTML (online with IWA)

Digital Photography (at the college)


Silly part is I really want to sign up for another class with Betterphoto to, but they are a little more expensive and honestly the smart thing...and the patient thing to do is to see if I can handle the work load I already have plus see if they are worth taking to begin with. Additionally with DE I need to understand how to use Dreamweaver 8, so I had to invest not only in the texts used for the classes online but get the software for that class. With HTML I also had to invest in Editpad Pro, both programs I have no idea how to use. So what did I do?
Earlier today in the midst of my insanity in signing up I headed off to the bookstore. I picked up a Photoshop goes wild book with cd (im totally getting into this tonight) and a Lean Dreamweaver 8 in 24 hours book. Ok so that will give me plenty to learn the rest of this month. I found out that you can order software under the title of 'student' at a much cheaper rate....often less then 1/2 price if you have a student id, etc. Well I dont, but my children do :), so I was able to order the Dreamweaver much cheaper. So will this be worth it? I dont know but I haven't been this excited about anything in a very long time. I really need to work on being patient now though and dive into what I have and what I have already learned. I learned so much with Photoshop 1 if I dont start applying it and practicing it, it will be all for a waiste (of time and money).

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." Berthold Auerbach

True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist,
Nor can it be hidden where it truly does.
~ by Anonymous ~

"Those who are crazy enough to think they can chang the world, usually do."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home