Sunday, February 26, 2006

Water Water Water WATER!!!!!!!!!!

Im not sure what it is really, but I think in some ways Im cursed when it comes to anything having to do with water. My house has flooded ....3 times in the past 2 years, and never for the same reason. Recently someone from the church was repairing something for me and found that I was just days away from having another issue.....a old pipe breaking in the upstairs. He has since repaired it and all is good here. I thought... until..... Today!

I woke up WAY to early this morning to the sound of the sprinklers....note to self... I must go outside and figure out how to readjust the timers so that they dont go off at 5 am in the morning!! Anyway, so waking up like I usually do and grumbling to myself about why the heck they are going off so early in the morning I heard something pretty unsual about the water...it sounded wet. Ok wet may seem silly, considering its WATER, but it sounded off. I have this nack for knowing when something is just not right when it concerns water.

So Im laying in bed thinking to myself.... This is Sunday morning!!! I want to sleep in. I went to church last night so I could SLEEP in..... grrrrrrrrrrrr. So I roll over and try to ignore the sound. But thoughts of downstairs flooding filled my head and I finally said, FINE and up I got. I found the flashlight and tried to look out the window. But for some silly reason, when its dark outside and light inside a room and you use a flashlight....you see NADA! Anyway.....so I grumply go outside and yep....water shooting straight up in the air flooding the front yard and....the front doorway. Thank you daddy for fixing my front entrance with a lovely drainage area....because the water flooded it but was going nicely away from the INSIDE of the house. So I walked over and unlocked the box (luckily the key was hanging still from it) and turned off the system. The guy who put this system in for me put in some sort of fancy froo froo system, but the thing is I forget how to run it. But luckily I remembered how to turn it off.

I crawled back into bed after, but its just impossible to really get back to sleep after something like that. I did lie around for a bit but eventually I got up. I suppose that is why I ended up getting so much done today but still!!! WATER!!!!!!!!!!! Im doomed :)

I did think about trying to fix it myself today.....that thought didn't stay more then 20 seconds in my head. I am a capable person, capable of doing a lot of things. Im even good at hanging dry wall and painting...But plumbing? I think not! :) So daddy dear gets to come over and help me yet again ....must be nice to be needed by daughters so much :P


"Water is a very good servant, but it is a cruel master."
C.G.D. Roberts, "Adrift in America", 1891

"Hope and fear are inseparable."
La Rochefoucauld

A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love. (Stendhal)

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home