Monday, February 27, 2006

It's Raining!

Some may think Im obsessed with water, and really there may be some truth to that. But even with that in mind it is indeed raining.

This morning I was driving after the gym with the top down, and 15 minutes after putting it back up for the kids it started to rain....it is still raining.


Its funny how conversations repeat themselves over generations and time. As I was driving tonight
in the rain.. my daughter asked me the question I remember asking my parents years ago. Why do windshield wippers wipe the way they do--up and over...why not clear the entire windshield left to right. Not an easy question to answer in traffic on the spur...that' for sure! But none the less I did try to answer it the best I could. Finally I said, noticing she wasn't very happy with my reply, why does it matter....her reply, "it will drive me crazy to have those spots not cleared when Im driving...I remember thinking the same way! :) Too bad we can't kodak those moments to replay later in life to our grandchildren and their grandchildren's children :) ....then again a few years from now who knows....maybe they will clear the windshield left to right !

...I came home tonight with my hands hurting...I stopped and wondered why, and then I realized that I had been strangling the steering wheel driving tonight in the rain. I suppose the whirling experience we had up north eariler this month still is with me...things that happen to us often effect us more then we realize at first and last with us for quite some time.

"God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way."

"I love walking in the rain, 'cause then no-one knows Im crying."

“In our lives there is bound to come some pain, surely as there are storms and falling rain; just believe that the one who holds the storms will bring the sun.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home