Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A New Created Canvas

Tonight I started something that was surpringly enjoyable on so many levels. I dropped off the kids and then headed down to the coast. I wanted or I have been wanting to start jogging/power walking along the coast for some time and I have decided to make Wednesday evenings the time that Ill be doing that. So I headed down and it had actually occured to me to bring my camera.

After running the approx mile long sea walk down by Tamarack Beach I decided I wanted to walk on the sand for a bit and I did. It was amazingly refreshing, rejuvenating and in a sense spirtual.

So much has been taken from me or given to me by the ocean. My marriage began by the ocean as he wrote the words will you marry me in the sand. My marriage ended near the ocean as I spent a week near the water coming to grips with the fact that he was involved with another. My innocence as a teen was taken from me when I met a boy who later robbed me of my of it and then later he parished by the water and I gained peace of mind. Summers I spend as much time as I can at the ocean. I can find inspiration to write, energy to move on and the strength to do more at the beach. The beauty it holds, the power it is.......there is nothing else like it. To me in some ways it is like watching what it must have been like to see creation come about in His hands.

The tides come and the tides go. Its an amazing thing to watch the water come in and wipe the sand clean and clear again. Tonight I saw a bunch of things that just were endearing to me. These words I saw written in the sand and I watched the words in the sand disappear. I think this is why I love the ocean. I can come here and watch the water come and go. The waves crash with such ferocity its kinda intimidating when you think about the power inside of those waves...they crash and calmly move and creep towards the sand clearing the sand of anything from its past...leaving nothing there remaining. A fresh start, a fresh look. A new beginning...a new canvas on which to work with once again.

Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. Rachel Carson

Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow and then for ourselves. Hellen Keller

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were able to capture something pretty sweet in a couple of those shots!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Peach said...

Yeah I had fun thats what really matters to me......I can't wait to see what Ill shoot after I understand what Im doing with the camera :)

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home