Monday, March 20, 2006

Parts Casted!

Today was exciting for the two middle girls especially. Today Dori handed out parts during Drama. Last week was auditions. Ashley well she got the role she wanted, the Ubnoxious Student--PERFECT for her. I even had to say that outloud when I went to pick them up at church tonight. Her response, and you have to picture her whining while I stated this....Mommm I am not! She is 12 going on 16 ....she is, she is! But actually this was the part she wanted, so she is especially happy. She had wanted Student 2 also, but that was because Drew was going out for it, and he always gets what he wants.....I kinda admire her for that attempt :P

Emily surprised me this time and she went out and tried out too. I walked in at the end of auditions just in time to hear her doing a solo.........OMG she can sing!!!!! Ok Im her mom, Im suppose to say that, but she really did surprise me. Ashley thinks she can sing, and honestly for what it takes to sing and get up on stage and do this....she impresses me to, but Emily I wasn't prepared for that sweet voice . So what part did she get? A small part but one apparently that will have a solo in it :) Yes mom is very very proud right now :) Andrew well nothing could get him to try out for parts again, no matter how Dori tries. So I told him that all I asked is he finish this year helping out in tech and if next year he really doesn't want to I wont force him. So he got the roll of lights this time, much more simple then music but well I suppose he deserves a break now and again too :)

Two of my favorite all time quotes:

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.
--Unknown

" Too many people are trying to meet the right person Instead of trying to be the right person." Russ Myers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home