Friday, March 17, 2006

Three Important Lessons learned this week


1. Customer Service gone backwards. Im not surprised anymore when I receive bad customer service. It seems to go with the territory of most places, however, this week I was surprised, in more ways then one with one experience. I ventured out and took care of the Surburban had the oil changed, and then decided before my father was back over this weekend to get it cleaned up so he wouldn't razz me about the Utah dirt still being on it. So I dug out the gift certificate I got talked into buying last year (a completely different story), and had a full service wash and cleaning done on it. The nice thing about this location is there is a food court right next to it so I was able to take my photoshop bible over and have a nice lunch while they worked on it. Upon walking back up the the pick up area I overheard a conversation. The owner was going on and on with the crew about how if a car is a wash only to wash it and that the entire crew didn't need to work on the vehicle....it wasn't a detail then dont detail it. I heard bits and pieces of it, but basically the owner was upset that they spent too much time (on my car...but I was still unaware of this at the time). I had conveniently driven up during a dead period so they went above and beyond and tried to buff out a spot on the door...(my eldest threw open the convertible car and dinged the truck not to long ago). So Im hearing this conversation and thinking to myself. "Its dead here, wouldn't the smart thing be to keep the employees busy and well encourage customers to return by yes maybe going above the call of duty." Apparently this was not how the owner felt. I have to ask, in an age where its hard to find good workers, its a shame we dont award those who work harder I honestly wished I had put this all together before I drove away and would have given them 3 times the tip I did just to thank them and for the garbage they had to put up with.

2. College isn't as expensive as I feared it might be. I spent a good deal of time talking with ITT Tech yesterday about possibly going back to school full time. I have to admit I am pretty bummed that the credits I had from years ago are null and void, but none the less, I am seriously considering still going after my degree ....or a degree . They told me it would cost me $3080 to accomplish a Associates in 2 years. Now I didn't ask is that 30,080. But for now I am going to think positively :) The only bad aspect is that ITT is a bit far for me to drive and it would be late at night getting out....so something I am considering. I am going to look into the other colleges nearby and see what it would take there as well.

3. Nothing is ever as easy as you think it would be or should be. I decided to finally make the switch from cable to satellite last week. The deal was too good to pass up...or so I thought. So I signed up for their promotion package....(why is Starz already gone from my channels if I was told 3 month??) OK so after drilling them left and right over issues like HDTV etc, I decided it sounded like I would actually save money if I switched.....(I really should check my bills next time before guessing) In actuality it costs 2 dollars more. But with the additional benifit of the receiver and such, not a bad thing...Cox would have charged me $10 more a month to switch up so I still felt rather please...until................. I called Cox to drop cable tv. Apparently my internet was bundled with the cable so by dropping it I would have had to pay $10 more a month for cable. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr see my frustration yet? OK so fortunately I had looked into switching over phone services not to long ago and thought (again I have not yet confirmed this...and honestly I am scared to do so) that if I switched to cable from Pacific Bell...now ATT I would be saving another $2 a month..plus they dont charge you long distance unless you actually use it...nice idea. So I asked can I switch and keep the rate on my internet...answer yes :). Of course that requires another appointment and another service tech coming out to the house etc. OK so lets go back to the Dish Network installation. This was a joke at best. Two guys come over, and they weren't to bad untill I saw the job they did. First they had the cords wrapping around my bedroom door (my bedroom being connected to the living room) ....I had elected to have both of those two televisions connected up. I look down and say...uh, cables? Why can't we go through the wall. He is like ok we can change that. I say good. So he does something with the cables that already go through the walls and says ok, this one you hardly see. (the telephone wire) Im like I dont like seeing cables! Can't you drill through the wall? He's like most people dont like that...Im thinking SURE because they rent not own their homes! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .... Anyway, got that issue delt with. However I now have cable outside ontop of my siding of the outside of the house...he had said he had hid the cables well along the window...( I WOULD HATE TO SEE WHAT HE CONDSIDERS NOT HIDDEN!) GRrrrrrrrrrrrr So my lesson this week in this area, seriously have my head examined before switching carriers or providers of internet, phone or cable! Honestly with all of this I kinda forgot why I wanted it all switched to begin with! Additionally if I end up with with 2 phone bills after arguing with ATT on the phone today Im going to have to say I may loose it all together :P


Those are the top three lessons learned this week. Its been a crazy week and still ongoing. Tonight I am taking out 13 children to the movies to see The Shaggy Dog and then pizza after. Its St. Patricks day and Friday night......to go along with my prior post, I am seriously out of my mind for doing this. I asked a friend to join me tonight, hopefully he will be able to do so, a single women on the town with 13 kids OMG what was I thinking :P Happy St. Patricks day all who stumble across this :)

Be not simply good - be good for something. Henry David Thoreau

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." Albert Einstein

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." Albert Einstein


Shaggy Dog........the funniest movie I have seen in a VERY long time! I laughed 3/4's of the time watching this it was VERY amusing ! Highly recommended as a spirt lifter :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home