Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Relationships shouldn't ever be squeezed in

Recently I have been busier then ever. I have added so many great activities, church ones, physical ones, educational ones and then to top it off, the school year is coming to an end. I have a son being readied at church for High School, a Jr. High Graduation fast and approaching, a reunion of families my son has known all his life for a hopeful party Id like to plan, and well it seems like birthday party after birthday party my girls are being invited to. All GREAT stuff!

So Ive been thinking.......the men I have met more recently in my life, not all but many, are single men and of course that always leads me to wonder....why? Why are they still single?

When a woman meets a man and hears about all that he is doing, the first thing that goes through her mind, the first thing that goes through my mind...where would I fit in? I don't believe people should be changed, I think if you can't accept them for who they are then later on down the line those issues will become bigger issues, so you have to ask yourself, can you deal with them even later on. So if a man is so busy that its hard to see where you would fit in the picture, how can you really imagine, or even really want to imagine this realtionship going any further. I know why they are busy. I haven't felt lonely at all the past few weeks. I have been so busy and so exhausted each evening, it doesn't register to me that I am alone. But I dont want to be too busy for a relationship. Having Dennis becoming more and more important to me makes that all the more a reason to ask myself, what should I cut out now, so that I dont' put someone who is very important to me, second place.

The way we act now will be continued later on in our lives. Men and women who are in their forties and never have been married, well..... why? Have you made the time to have a relationship? Is your career been the priority? Making something of yourself, doing the best you can in your life isn't a bad thing. I think it just becomes something not so good when it takes over your life. Where would someone fit in? My marriage ended with two very busy people. Too busy. We were so busy we didn't make the time to make our marriage a critical priority. Then we had kids, the kids made life even busier. We started to have more and more separate interests, and more kids. Life got busier. The thing with living in a place like Southern California, we don't really know what too busy is. The world around us is moving at the same rate if not faster. We begin to justify our over active lifes. Most of the stuff we get involved in is all good stuff, but, people seem to be put at a much lower place of significance. I don't want that for my life. I want people to take priority. Relationships should never have to be squeezed in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home