Monday, August 07, 2006

A slip from the past

It's funny how you can go along in life and things slip out to remind you of the past. A card, a paper, a ticket or a picture.........they all have some sort of meaning that makes you stop to think about what may or may not have been. Today or really more like yesterday I had another of those slips, but this time the slip ended up being a pretense for a blessing.

Last year I had set up a Alaska Airlines credit card thinking I was going to have a need for miles to travel up and down the coast. I have had enough miles on that silly thing for some time for a free ticket but haven't had the need or reason to figure out how to actually cash it in. Yesterday in talking to Neek she was talking to me (again) about how much she wished they could scrap together the money for her to come down and surprise her brother on his 50th birthday. A huge lot of her family is going to be there but they just didn't have the funds for the trip. I glanced down while talking to her and the slip from Alaska Air sat right on my desk and I had a brain storm...."Neek, what if you could fly for free?"..............and that was how I begun my day, a slip from the past became a blessing for the future! To top it off Ill get to spend a day with her too while she comes down.........added benifit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home