Monday, October 16, 2006

Brady Bunch Weekend

Here's the story of a lovely lady
Who was bringing up three very lovely girls.
All of them had hair of gold, like their mother,
The youngest one in curls.

Here's the store, of a man named Brady,
Who was busy with three boys of his own,
They were four men, living all together,
Yet they were all alone.

Till the one day when the lady met this fellow
And they knew it was much more than a hunch,
That this group would somehow form a family.
That's the way we all became the Brady Bunch.
The Brady Bunch,

That's the way we all became the Brady Bunch.
The Brady Bunch.

I couldn't help myself :) while that suits the last weekend it really doesn't sum it all up. Eight children 2 adults, non stop fun. At first I wasn't sure how it all would come together. My home is so small and really there isn't that much room to fit another family into it, but, we made it work. A day at Knotts, a day at the beach and plenty of fun inbetween. My house honestly feels empty now only having 4 children. Funny isn't it, how something may look overwhelming to begin with but ends up being simpler then you thought. I did learn a few things.


  • A dish washer would be a MUST for a family of this size. Paper plates I couldn't have lived it without you!
  • Hot water, hmm I don't know if there really is a water heater around that could keep enough hot water for this many, so Hot water on demand would be required.
  • Food, Oh my..........My home was busting at the seams before Thursday, today...Monday? Well, where did it all go?
  • Shoes, shoes shoes........do I need to say more?
  • Bathrooms.........with 6 girls in the midst, I dare say 2 is NOT enough :)
A bit more work, but the fun outweighed the work, sigh. Why do fun weekends always have to come to an end?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home