Tuesday, October 10, 2006

They Grow Up WAY to fast!

Today has been another completely insane Tuesday. Non stop driving, non stop doing. During the mix of craziness one of the things I did was to drive my 9 year old daughter to the airport and watch her head off with her 4th grade class for a 3 day trip to Sacramento/San Fransico California History field trip. Arrrgh.....it was much much MUCH harder for mom (me) then it was her. In fact she was almost begging me to leave her at the airport and not watch her go through security. Something about watching someone walk away in the airport is very difficult for me. I wish you could capture the sweetness of being needed as a parent.

Im not sure exactly when it happens but somewhere between the age of 8 and 9 then decide they are old enough and independent enough. I drove over to the kids school after for a conference with my youngest teacher. Jessica saw me drive up, she was at lunch, and yelled across the parking lot.......HI MOMMY! My heart lunged. I was needed, wanted not discarded trash pushed outside of the airport doors. You laugh, but its true. I do really believe we should maybe change that 'no coffee' for younger children in order to stunt their growth, to keep them sweet and little, life would be so much simpler! Thursday Dennis will be driving in with his kids so I will have someone to drive with me late at night to pick her up at the airport. My house will burst at the seems after feeling empty as it does tonight only missing one kid. I love being a mom, but somedays it just hurts to let them grow up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home