Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Knowing, isn't always knowing

To really know someone it takes time and desire to pay attention to the small details of who they are. A couple of weeks ago I texted Dennis a picture of the sunset just as it was setting. The one above, granted a cell phone doesn't have any ability to really capture a sunset, but its still pretty all the same. We had been having some really pretty ones and it caught my attention while I was driving. Yes I about swerved off the road trying to pull my cell phone out of its case to snap the photo but I caught it, or is it the sun setting caught me. Hmm I don't know. I sent it off to him and a couple of minutes later he texted me back, "That makes you happy". It brought tears to my eyes realizing he knew me. A week or so later he texted me several of the sun setting as he was heading home from work. This is one of those shots. Knowing someone is paying attention to those really small details are the things that make you realize you are cared about and understood. Knowing isn't always knowing.

Sunsets do make me happy. There is something absolutely magestic about watching a sunset. I use to think the prettiest place to watch the sunset was over the ocean, in the past few months I have seen the sun set in so many places Im not sure I still hold that same opinion. Watching the sunset in the valley between mountains, over the mountains, in the dessert, in the arms of someone you love, there isn't anything that comes close to that instant. Theres a finale about a sunset. No matter how bad, how hard, or how frustrated the day was, its over when the sunsets. If you have had a great, amazing, wonderful day, its as if the sunset is the grand finale like at a fireworks display, just when you think it couldn't get any better then all of a sudden it does. God's signature each day, the sun setting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home