Monday, October 30, 2006

Christmas is here?

I've come to the conclusion that there is just one way to avoid the 'stress' associated with Christmas..........avoid the stores. In fact, each time I run into an instance like yesterday it makes me all the more happy for the ability to shop over the internet and avoid dealing with 'idiotic' (excuse my french) customer service employees at the mall. And so with my now cooled off composure......I add yet another store I will NOT be shopping at again.

Late Spring I picked up a new bathing suit before getting together with Dennis in Laughlin. Since I was still in the 'newness' jitters of being with him, I wanted to impress and couldn't for the life of me decide on a suit. So I did what most women do, over shopped! That led me to yesterday.

Ever so often I realize there are things I need to return to the stores and Ill make it a 'return day'. That was yesterday, a day to return things. So that leads me to the suit. I had picked up the suit in the spring. The receipt stated clearly you have 90 days to return for a full refund. My heart sank, I had spent $56 dollars on the 'top' half of the suit. (I know for those men who read this....don't ask why you would spend $56 dollars on a bathing suit top........you just wouldn't get it) Anyway, so I sat there thinking....man you should have returned this sooner. I turned the receipt over and read the fine print...and my heart leaped forward....Lands End items can be returned at any time for a completely full refund. Yeah!!! That $56 dollar return will pay my gas bill next week to head out to Arizona! OK so off to Sears I headed.

I get up to the counter and hand over the receipt and the 'teenage' clerk starts typing in the receipt and I can tell she is struggling with it. I ponder weather or not to mention its over the 90 days, but no Ill let her figure it out. This was about 1 oclock. (the time is important!) OK, so she struggles and calls for her CSM -customer service manager, for help. She calls 2 more times and .. still no reply. Ok , so she calls someone by the name of Kathy. She tells Kathy over the phone the issue, she scans in the receipt and she gets merchandise not on the receipt. She types it in and it comes up invalid. All of a sudden a bell goes off, oh its the date. I say, yes but your return policy states with Lands End products you can return anytime. She repeats to the customer service manager, so apparently agrees with me. The clerk however is ... well for lack of better description, clueless. OK, so I wait for the CSM to come out and help her. I wait 5 min or so, it is now 1:10. Finally she comes out, takes my drivers license and receipt and leaves me sitting there at the counter--pushed off over to the side of the counter waiting. OK, I get a call from Dennis and he helps keep me distracted for about 15 minutes and then I realize while I am talking to him, how much time has gone by and still she hasn't returned. I get off the phone and ask her to find out what is going on. It is now 1:30. The CSM comes back out and describes the problem, she can't get the product to accept a full refund price only the last price it was available at the store....roughly $11. OK, so now Im getting a little bit bothered. She takes my credit card and heads back. Ten more minutes go by and still no reply or comment or well evidence I am being taken care of. I ask, and Ill admit with a little bit of attitude and louder voice, what the heck is happening and why am I not being taken care of? The 'new' clerk that has taken over the spot asks me to lower my voice and not to bother the other customers. OK, that did it! I look at her and say, I will not, I have been sitting here now 45 minutes, and she has my drivers license, my credit card and where the heck is she? OK I could go on, but it just gets my blood pressure going again. Finally the next level up CSM comes out, hands me my cash and tells me she doesn't want to see me in 'her' store again if I bother 'her' customers the way I do.

OK, Now I ask anyone who knows me................am I out of line thinking that there is just something wrong with that picture? Mind you it was afte 2 pm when I left the store.

Dennis thinks I should write a letter to the store. Im so ticked off with the store I dont want to deal with them again, but maybe he is right. I honestly don't get angry very often, well almost never, but after that.........I was ANGRY. And this store expects to live through Christmas? I ask you how..........I wonder how, arrrrrrrrrrrgh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home