Tuesday, October 17, 2006

EMOTIONS! or is it Emotional?


Emotional.......yep that about sums me up. One word says it all. No, not in a bad way, but in a way that has me tear up quickly, thinking non stop, and well hmmm tender.

So much going on has my head spinning. First after another wonderful weekend, Dennis is gone. Arrrgh, it doesn't get any easier, in fact its harder in some ways. While I think Im dealing with it better then I ever have, its still difficult. And what do I have to complain about? I get to see him again this weekend! I was sitting there thinking earlier and it hit me, I even have someone I can spend New Years with this year...........What the heck are you emotional about Jenice? Its been 4 lonely years since I have had someone to spend this holiday with.....don't loose it now! But thats just the most recent of everything going on.

This weekend my daughter turns 13! Not that this should be a shock to me, shes more a teenager then my son who has been a teenager for almost 3 years is. But officially she gets the title of a "Teenager". Dennis is flying out to help "keep me sane" ha ha. At first it was going to be a co-ed party. I had decided not to fight her on this. However, much to my surprise, her friends vetoed the idea and said they wouldn't come if she invited the guys from her class........until today, Andrew has invited a friend to come over and torment her along with him....Good! :) So this weekend we will be celebrating her birthday Hawian/California Luau style!

Then on top of this, my dad is going in for surgery on Tuesday. They discovered a hole in his heart, something he apparently had since birth and that has been whats caused the mini strokes. So, naturally, Im a little worried. And finally, my grandmother. My mom and aunt made the decision to move her into assisted living. That means selling her place, and that means, Ill be the last one on this hill from my family. Sad, my grandfather lived on this hill, till he died, my grandmother lives on this hill, my parents lived on this hill until my son or around that time was born and they moved out to the country....and me, Im still here. Probably not for long, but in a way its kind of sad, a heritage, a piece of my past, a piece of who I am, was and were, closing down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home