Monday, November 20, 2006

Tidbits to remember

In my frantic pull it together, pack, think and do it all mode Im in already this week I had time this afternoon to sit down and talk with Luke. Luke and I have known each other for a very long time. We knew each other early on in our 'other' lives. The lives we no longer lead, the lives that were left in shambles and reconnected again as we began to piece ourselves back together. He is great at giving me the 'male' perspective of how 'men' deal with life. Goodness knows I need as much help as I can get, and to have a clearer persepective now and again, Ill take it whenever I can. Today as we were catching up on our 'dating' lives I told him of that nagging 'fear' and apprehension I struggle with. I want tomorrows life NOW. I want to be in a marriage again, I want to have the life I have visioned, did vision, want more then I can describe. I want to live my life side by side with a man who will face life head on and not quit on me. I hate waiting. This was what he told me and it left me speechless.

"Jenice" he said, "the things in life that cost us the most, are the things in life we will value the most". "The things in life worth having are worth waiting on." I sat there for a minute and didn't know what to say. He was dead on, and 100 percent right. To have 'the life I want and desire", is worth waiting for, worth the cost for and worth seeing how God will bring it all about. Patience Jenice, Patience. Arrrrrrrrgh, we all know how good I am at that! So I told him, "Please feel free to remind me of this.....regularly, and often!"

So back I go packing to head out to Arizona for Thanksgiving. This is another 'new' or 'first' in my life. The first time away from my family for Thanksgiving (no the kids will be going with me), and I will be the one cooking the Thanksgiving meal....of course with lots and lots of helpers!

Grand Prix Update!
How did the races go? Sad, very very sad. They changed the track on me, so this year instead of all the time I spent working on the outside of the wheels I should have been working on the inside of the wheels and I should have drilled holes into the body to insert the weights, instead as in the past gluing them under the carriage. So my children sat by and watched their cars slowly go down the track, yes I wanted to cry. But, Jessica....she proudly took 1st place in the most Christian Design Category. One out of three, not to bad! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home