Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas Break...thats funny !

Im not sure where the term, Christmas Break was created. Maybe its the foreknowledge of the mothers who break their backs, break the memory barrier, or simply 'break-down' during this supposed "Christmas Break". Today alone has me so completely fried, that the new perm I got yesterday from Janet seems only appropriated....IM FRIED!

Today I ran back and forth to Oceanside FOUR times (thats not 2 trips back and forth but 4 trips back and forth!) ... to the kids school. Keep in mind I don't live in Oceanside...I choose this school knowing I would at the most be at the kids school 2 times a day up to 3 days a week. Ha ha ha ha.....funny, very very funny! Monday I had conferences and then had to take the kids to the first time rehersal of the King and I production they are all trying out for (all the girls that is). Yesterday, Jess had forgotten to bring a book in so I had to make an additional trip there, and today...4 trips...4...did I mention FOUR trips to the school. Try outs each girl trying out for roles and of course they tried out in different time slots, older (jr high) and younger. That was just the beginning of the days events...that part ended at 2:30, followed by a party for Em, and then quickly running home, to fix lights outside ....thats another story in itself...I will leave that for another time....make rice crispy treats (for Ashley's leadership party..) and oh yes that means Im taking her to school tomorrow by the way grrr) and now, I sit here for a brief moment catching my breath after dropping the girls off for Awanas. Christmas Break.....hmm grr.

This time of year each year I try as hard as I can to get on top of things to make this season less stressful. I think I have come to the conclusion that since I am a single parent...there is no end to the stress level for now. I have indeed finished my Christmas shopping...but if I hadn't, I honestly don't know where I would fit it in. I had to cancel working at the church today just to make time for driving the kids. I was grumbling to my daughter a bit ago and we both decided...I simple DON'T have a life....but honestly (THATS OK :) ) Im really not grumbling, outside of trying to get my point across that Christmas Break....hmm we need a new phrase for it.

Last week, is a perfect example of the level of intense stress Im under, as are mothers all over. Bill (my ex) had me waiting till the last moment to deposit a check into the bank. So on that day I tell the kids, OK Ill be right back need to run to the bank and Ill be right back. No big deal, I should be there and back within 15 min. As soon as I drive up to the ATM machine Em calls, grr, yes I say? "can I call Sabrina? she asks" grr Emily!!! at that very moment I was just about to hit the key pad on the machine to enter my pin.... I sat there and it was gone! My pin number GONE, I couldn't for the life of me remember the stupid number! I ll admit, I freaked a bit, tried a few numbers but no avail. I wont talk about how frustrated I was with her over this, but let me go on. The next day comes and goes and I realize I used the card to hit the market...but for the life of me I STILL cannot remember the pin.....my brain, is fried. My mother is convinced I need to start writing these things down, hmm Im not that old I tell her :) but she's right, we only have the capacity to remember so much, and so with that I am determined it is time to invest in a Palm PDA...whatever they are called to release my brain from having to organize it all.

Christmas Break....thats just funny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home