Saturday, December 09, 2006

Rain

It's raining. It's midnight. And yes, my roof is leaking. Not bad, but enough. Enough to make me scared to fall asleep. My heart leaped inside of my chest earlier. I heard a car drive around the corner and it sounded like it was on wet pavment. I drove around town earlier today with the top down on the car, it couldn't be raining....could it? I looked up outside against the top of the house and sure enough.....signs of rain. I walked outside, and smelt it instantly....the sound, the smell, the feel, the racing heart inside of me -- rain.
I'm keeping Larry's words from the sermon tonight fresh on my mind.
  • Negativity is a choice--We can choose what we focus on.
  • Negativity breeds fear--Giving thanks breeds faith.
  • Negativity is self-fullfilling.
  • Negativity short-circuits God's best.
My first inclination was to call Dennis or my Dad. Its too late, its after midnight, almost 1 am in Arizona, it was after 11:30 when the rain caused me to finally get up and peer inside the closet where we found the leak back in October. Its not as bad as it was then, its really just slowly dripping in, not even fast enough for a bowl to be much use....its falling along side of a pipe.

I think...no I'll choose to believe thats a good sign, not a sign that the entire roof needs to be replaced, but a sign that somewhere around the area where we put in the new furnace pipe a few years ago it needs to be repaired....thats not a big deal. I choose to be thankful that it won't be a big deal.

"OK Lord, I am so thankful to have a roof over my head. I am so thankful that the appearance of a leak is causing me right now to lean upon you once again. Lord, it would be so easy to
q
uestion you right now, to think of this as another issue of 'bad' luck..if I believed in luck....but I won't Father. I'll trust you to keep a roof over my head. I'll trust you to keep me and the children safe tonight. We are your children........I am your child. Lord, its raining."

1 Comments:

Blogger cris_jourdan89 said...

yes!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home