Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Lights


Christmas Lights Christmas Lights. Each year Christmas lights are a never ending 'adventure'. This year being no different.

Trying to get ahead of all things I pulled the boxes for all the outdoor lights out early. Its sad how cheaply things are made. Out came all the boxes and up went all the lights. As we started turning on the deer, candycanes, etc we started spotting sections of lights that weren't working. OK, I picked up some bulbs to fix the problem...so I thought. Yesterday in the midst of the 'insanely crazy day' I decided to 'get something done' and fix the broken lights. Jessica and I attacked the first deer. As I pulled a random bulb that was obviously burned out I replaced the bulb...fizz, bright light and half of the bulbs that are still working shut off. Lovely. I sit there and think, hmm maybe a fuse, so I look at the plug and for the life of me I can't figure out where the fuse goes. I think to myself, well maybe if I just start replacing bulbs from the one that is closest to the lite bulb Ill fix the problem one step at a time. Nope. All the lights go out after that try. Swell. Currently, the deer sits there in the lawn unlit. Today I picked up fuses, new light strings and a tester. Im determined to fix that stinkin deer.... if it kills me. . . Dennis added be sure to unplug it or it may just do that, ha ha. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home