Monday, February 12, 2007

Floating in the Clouds

This weekend I flew out to Arizona to get away. It was a greatly needed break, but since Dennis had his kids this weekend it wasn't really a 'rested' break. After the complexity of the weekend he drove me back to the airport. It was pouring rain outside. As we dropped back down to the valley the clouds were dancing in the air. Creeping around the mountain tops, hugging them it seemed.

The plane ride home, short as always was a bit bumpier then usual due to the cloud layer we passed through heading back down into San Diego. I don't think I had ever flown through clouds at night, or at least been sitting in a window seat to watch it. Flying into San Diego at night is always pretty, but flying into the airport through the clouds was exillirating. My heart leaped flying through them and it instantly made me reflect back to my childhood. Those innocent moments of laying on the grass and thinking in amazement what it would be like to dance on the clouds. Who of us didn't think that as a child? Those moments of being lost in
thought, innocent moments of bliss. Moments like those make me want to be that young again.

“Happiness is like a cloud, if you stare at it long enough, it evaporates” Sarah McLachian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home