Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines

Today is Valentines Day. A day that has for the past few years brought a lot of pain to my heart. Today while Im still alone, I dont find myself reflecting on that fact as much. The kids have kept me plenty busy today, not one minute did I have to sit around and sulk. We even ended our evening after I talked them into another Romantic flick. We watched Elizabethtown. The girls, the younger two got bored and took off to watch a Winnie the Pooh Valentines Day special but Ashley and I watched the movie. Its always fun to see how you pick up parts of a movie you didn't notice in times past, and I have seen this movie at least 3 or 4 times since it came out. What stood out to me this time was the end. I was taken back watching how in the end he stood there in the midst of a hurried, crazy environment, maybe a reflection of our lives? And there she stood. The moment he saw her everything around him became clear. I have that belief. That when that one special person is in our lives, live becomes clearer. We can see straight, see the direction we want to head, and feel the courage to take the steps to get there. The pain of our past can still make that very difficult to give up the rains and take that simple leap of faith. But even as Drew see's Claire after his entire life has fallen apart around him, things clear up and he sees what he wants. He knows what he wants.

Claire made one comment I have been reflecting on mid way through the movie. She and Drew are on the phone and she says to him, "Men see things in a box, and women see them in a round room." What did that mean exactly? I started thinking about a conversation between Dennis and I. He stated " I see things as black and white" not grey around the edges.....is that what they meant..........I wonder......do we see things easier as grey around the edges instead of sharp corners?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home