Thursday, April 26, 2007

Can you forget how to relax?



Its been one of those weeks. Maybe its just one of those months. Or maybe yet, its just the way life is! :) Yesterday when Dennis called to check up on me in the later afternoon I had to tell him simply, "I feel like Im loosing my mind!" You laugh, but Im serious. I was out driving to a store when he called but a few minutes before that I had literally been driving in circles. I had to take Ashley to Volleyball and I couldn't remember for the life of me, where the Middle School I was dropping her off was. Now someone who is reading this may say, whats the big deal in that? Hmm, only that I knew exactly where it was, it wasn't in a hard spot, my brain just had all but shut down yesterday.

I had been doing so much this week, juggling so much, grading papers early so I can get out of town again, running kids to and from, hosting a reunion, engaging with other families who are a bit upset over the new High Schools idea to split up the freshman class and have them attend opposite days of the Junior and Sophmores. Arrrrgh, my brain just shut down. I felt like crying, but with Ashley in the car I had to put on a strong front. So that brings us to today.

Today started as crazy as ever, running around finding that kids were sleeping through their alarm clocks, trying to get the house straightened out since I work now while they are at school, and make sure they have everything they need. On top of it my 3rd grader was doing a Wax Museum at school and needed her hair up to look like Marie Curie. I had to make sure props where not forgotten, and lunches were made, and that I had all I needed to turn in grades, and bring my stuff to work. Insanity!

After running to work, and having a rather laid back relaxing early day there, I headed over to the school to see my daughter do her thing. It occured to me on the drive there I need to be more active about doing more things with her since she is my baby, and hasn't had me around as much as the older kids have. Conviction! Anyway, thats another entire post! Got to the school, no parking, fun. They finally moved a cone so I could park and in I went. I remembered to pay for the yearbook, check about the upcoming Cinco De Mayo celebration, and dropped off my paperwork for this packet. Then it occured to me, ask someone to bring the girls home for you, so you can relax a bit before they get home! I did, I asked, I received and here I sit. Not sure how to relax! Insanity of all insanities! Someone just slap me silly will ya !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home