Sunday, May 06, 2007

A fixed focus


It's hard not to notice after a day like today that summer is just around the corner. My youngest celebrated her last single digit birthday today. My baby is 9. May is full upon us. Summer felt like it hit today with temperatures in the mid 80's and the sky crystal blue. A day like today I have been longing for with our prolonged 'winter/spring' May grey as they call it.

With another school year soon coming to a close it has had me thinking about the year to come. While at the same time I am trying desperately not to think of things as I would like, dream of a future I want, I have to start thinking about the new year to come.

Next year Ill have two children in high school. Scary thought. Sometimes it feels like Im living in a cloud getting through, getting by, week by week. Running the kids to and from school, to and from friends houses, to and from churches, here there never ending. I added up the time I spend driving the kids places a week or so ago and found that I easily spend 8 -9 hours driving my children "places" each week. I started asking myself, am I loosing focus? What is the focal point of my life? Shouldn't we have a focus of our lives?

Five years ago my life changed. My husband had already walked away from us and life was changing. Sure he was coming home now and again, but life was different. I started loosing my focus. Im not sure I ever regained a focus or thought much about what my purpose really is. I don't think that's what God intends for our lives. We need to have a 'focus' a purpose, a reason for all that it is we 'do' each day. The end of the school year has always been a time for me to reevaluate 'stuff', this year Im choosing to reevaluate my focus and purpose and make sure that everything it is I do is based on that vision.

Ephesians 5:15-17 (NIV) Be very careful, then, how you live, not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home