Friday, May 11, 2007

Wanting Happiness, Needing Contentment


The quote I have framed on my dresser this week to focus my heart and mind on is this:

"Happiness is getting what we want; contentment is wanting what we get." Linda Dillow

I've never been bashful when it comes to things I want in life. I strive to get them, I work hard towards the goal. I have the mindset that if I really want it, nothing can stop me. Funny thing is in life it doesn't really always work out that way. This is especially true with relationships. I think Im in a place where the Lord is showing me that I don't really know what I want right now. I think I can picture the happy ending, but that's my happy ending. I know that my life is already set in motion. The Lord is in control of each event that will take place in my life. I can fight Him along the way or I can walk with Him, and even be carried by Him through the heart ache and heart break. I don't know about you but I simply want to be content in where I am.

Working towards the happiness can steal away the peace of today. Working towards the goal can take away the blessing the Lord has given me in this very moment.

Finding happiness means we are looking for that out of people. We are all sinners, we will all fail each other, over and over again. I think the years I have lived have shown me that much to be true. There is no perfect person, there is no perfect marriage, there is no perfect anything. I can simply be content with what I have been given. I can simply learn to want what I have been given. I can learn to be content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home