Monday, June 04, 2007

Take my breath away moments


How does that saying going, I think its something like this. "Life isnt about the breaths we take, its about the moments that take our breaths away"

This saying has been something I have been playing around inside of my mind as of lately. Where do those moments that take my breath away fall right now? Am I allowing for those moments to happen in my life or am I allowing the craziness of life to just get in the way?

My calendar for this week is more insane then it has ever been. With a daughter graduating 8th grade, more graduating parties then I would like to think about ( when did 8th grade become such a huge graduation time?) Neek coming in next week, my daughters guild aution, piano recitals for 3 of the kids, one week left of school for the girls, papers that need graded, conferences being scheduled, oh yes the important aspects like getting my hair & nails done (girls gotta look good you know!), oh and yes the simple fact Im working. My head is already hurting and its Monday. I want to have more moments in my life that I allow for my breath to be taken away.

One thing I can honestly say that I benifited from going through my divorce years ago is that I started to see things around be as they truely are. The trees became greener, the flowers more vibrant, and the little things in my life took hold as being as important as they really should be. I look at that as one of the biggest blessings God gave me 4+ years ago.

I am longing to sit and watch the waves crash on the beach again. I am longing to enjoy the beauty of God's world. I want more moments that take my breath away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home