Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Traffic leaves me . . . . . . . . . . . cranky!


I have yet to find single person cross my path that would ever state, "I just LOVE traffic", or "I love sitting at a standstill sitting on the freeway!" It simply is something I would have to say that 100 percent of the population probably would agree stinks. Funny to think about it really, we honestly have something in common with just about everyone, we hate being in traffic. Traffic makes me cranky.

The city of Vista, or I suppose the area of North County is putting in a new train (commuter) line. This train line is suppose to be operating by the end of this year. This has meant constant traffic congestion, and more construction constantly anywhere along the exisiting train line. This week the City of Vista has brilliantly decided to shut down the main street that leads into town. For how long you ask? Two weeks. Thats a really, really long time for an area of almost 100,000 people. Thats just in this small town, never mind the towns that connect up to ours. To shut down this street means they have been rerouting traffic. Where? Well its not suppose to be on my street, ours is the last non city exit there is in Vista. However, no-one seems to be reading the signs. The first night every half hour there was a dump truck driving by my house on the windy curvy roads going way past the 10 mile per hour speed limit. That left me hmm, a bit cranky I suppose, mostly due to lack of sleep.

With traffic starting at 3 o'clock it makes me want to burrow down in my home and not go anywhere for at least 3 hours. If life was that simple. With kids however, I have to leave to pick them up from school, shuttle them to and fro and well lets just say even more cranky.

Vista years ago, when I was a small child, had no one. We had fields and fields of grass to play in. We had wide open spaces between the homes. I miss that. I miss the simple life that living in North County no longer is. Honestly I can even recall when the freeways use to be empty after 10pm. Life isn't like that anymore. Doors have to be locked, we have to think about when and where we go at certain times of the day and we have to build fences to keep our neighbors out. Pity. But I suppose there is a price to pay for having the most expensive property in the Nation. I think however, I would trade it all in a heartbeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home