Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Do you ever?

Do you ever reflect back and wish you could relive a period of your life? As a divorce' you might think that I am referring to the time in which I decided to say yes to my ex husband. You would be wrong. I love my children way to much to ever wish an instant of their lives away. But I do think back.

I like to think back to the time of my childhood. I was raised in what I would call a 'normal' strict home. Mom and dad had rules. Break the rules....loose your privileges. During those middle school and early high school years...I lost a LOT of privileges. Looking back, Im glad mom and dad were who they were. Im glad they loved me in a way that they wanted the best life possible for me.

My mother and father just returned from visiting my grandparents in Iowa. It makes me sad to hear how much their health is failing. I am/was my grandmothers favorite :). Well, I was the first grandchild too...so I guess that goes without saying. No one was allowed to sit at grandma's organ, never mind touch it....except for me. I like those memories of my childhood. I like remembering being a child. I guess I want that for my children and grandchildren (way ahead in the future). Childhood should be just that....simple, innocent and fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home