Wednesday, January 16, 2008

DejaVu my house is not my own


Years ago when I first started having children a transformation occurred within the home. My home transformed into a ..... zoo is the best word I can come up with. Playpens, jumpers, bouncers took over the house. The 'home' I had painstakingly worked to put together....transformed. Little people running around, crawling all over....the house changed....for the better Ill add :)

Today I feel with teenagers in the home I realized I am feeling the same way. My living room looks like a rock concert with Guitars and Drum sets sitting about. Video Game central is more like it then a place to relax. My bedroom is where I can go to ... get away.

I sit here typing while the kids are in the other room rocking out to Rock Band. This generations way for kids to 'unwind' from the boat load of school work they have to do. I bite my tongue when I feel like complaining. The older two came home with Honor Roll Awards on Monday from having 3.5 or higher grade point averages for the first semester of High School this year. Huge accomplishments when you look at their work load. Yesterday they talked me into trying out the game. Between Guitar Hero and Rock Band this home is hardly ever 'quiet' any more. Its a stressful game! There is so much to be decided right now I find myself easily stressed out. Where will we live (besides the obvious... Arizona) ...narrowing down a wedding date in the next few months and all that goes into planning a 'stress free' wedding. What to do with this house is a huge problem. It needs work to sell, we decided to not allow that to be a deterrent from setting a date and getting married. So we may have two homes for a bit...we will let the Lord figure that part out. Moving date....this summer seems to make sense so the kids can finish up the school year uninterrupted. But when to set the 'date'? News with that soon I suspect :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home