Sunday, January 06, 2008

New Year...New Beginnings


I've been thinking about this over this wet and dreary weekend. It's cold, wet and miserably windy outside so I decided to try to stay at home as much as I can since this is the last weekend before school starts back up. The last weekend I am not being stretched here and there, driving myself crazy and having a hard time to breathe.

I have received Congrats from people all over the US and they all have one question....when? Dennis and I haven't narrowed down a date yet for our upcoming wedding. I finally got the guts last night to write my ex and inform him that I was engaged. I think this piece of the puzzle is the scariest to me. How will he handle me wanting to move myself and the kids? Trust God with this is what I tell myself every day, every hour almost. How did I tell him......the easy way...I emailed him :) Then there is the house, (Ive never sold a home) I have to put it up for sale. With the market the way it is, I have no idea how this will work, but again I remind myself to Trust God. I have lived here 17 years. Scary huh. I have lived on this hill in Vista all but 2 years of my entire life.....thats the really scary part. I am especially excited to make this change in my life....it still is rather scary though.

So with all this on my heart I have been trying to narrow down a New Years Resolution. I like defining some sort of goal for myself each year. This year ahead will mark a couple of really big changes for me well three really ....turning 40 (uggggh) and getting married. My son will get his drivers license. Life will change quite a bit this year. I am excited and scared with all of it. Maybe that should be my resolution. To not allow Fear to enter my heart. To replace it each time with trust that God is in control. Easier said then done....but maybe that is the lesson for me this year ahead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I am Green. That would be Envy rather than Environmentally friendly Green. You lucky girl!
Where are all the good men?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Peach said...

Well I met in the new conventional wy online....but I wouldn't recommend it. I would say this however, fall in love with someone long distance you have to fall in love again in person. Meaning they may sound great on paper, sound good over the phone....even look good in person...but you really have to get to know each other again...because none of us can really be completely honest with who we are....we are more likely to make ourselves out to who we desire to be. Nothing wrong with that...but its not reality. I knew it was real when I knew I had fallen in love with who he really was....fortunately it was only 7 hours away...but still 7 HOURS! God knows the desires of our hearts, he knows what we need ....allow him to guide your heart. Trust HIM. My words of wisdom...ha ha ha yeah right, from one of the most impatient women on the planet! :) yes me

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home