Monday, January 28, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away.........

This has been my song today. I don't like rain much.....but then again I think most who know me know that. I am a 'sunny' girl....a California chick who likes the SUN! Anyone living in a part of the world who has more rain then we get down here...I feel sorry for you. It must be rather depressing.

I know this past week of rain that we have had, and its hardly been a week considering a couple of times the sun came out during most of the day and dried things back out before the rain came back, has been more then enough rain for the rest of the year as far as I am concerned. Its put me in a bad mood. From worrying about the state of this home, to just not wanting to venture out because of the rain and people down here just don't know how to drive in the rain. I could go on, in fact I will. I swear, it starts to sprinkle and the freeways shut down! People slow down and drive like snails. Its completely ridiculous! Trust me my children have heard me go on and on and on about this. I don't like the rain! I like being outdoors.....bu
t not outdoors in the RAIN!

My son, fortunately or not, fortunate in that I lived through it, learned to drive last week IN THE RAIN. Who teaches a 15 year old how to drive at NIGHT and in the RAIN....well the old guy who was paid to teach him didn't seem to care that it was RAINING. I don't think my nerves will ever be the same after that night of worrying like crazy until I picked him back up! Motherhood is hard enough but adding in things like last Wednesday night...PLEASE! I haven't had the guts to get in the car yet with Andrew....mostly because I have had the flu on top of things...but really because of the rain.

Did I mention how much I hate rain?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home